View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 06:33 PM   #5
penra

Quote:
The biggest difference in the Montana and the Montana High Country is the weight reduction techniques. The Montana is built on a more robust frame, has solid floors and more solid wood in cabinet frames/doors, etc.

The Montana High Country is constructed with what Keystone used to call, "Helium Technology". That's "buzz words" for lightweight construction. Smaller (thinner and not as large) frame rails on the shorter models (Montana uses larger frame rails in all models regardless of length), laminated (thin plywood/Styrofoam/thin plywood) floors, hardwood stiles/door fronts in cabinets.

For what it's worth, both "look nice" and would seem durable.... IMHO, there's no way, with current construction techniques, that a trailer weighing 2,000 pounds less than a similar floorplan can both share the same strength livability and durability.
I do see the difference now in construction details; the High country has much the same construction (as defined on the website but that always leaves me wanting more detail), but the High country goes lighter, 10" I beam on smaller rigs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 5.04.07 PM.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	21989  
penra is offline   Reply With Quote