View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 07:16 AM   #22
michaelrc51

First, thanks for all the input!

I finally have dug through everything and confirmed a few things which I had initially thought.

So, here's the low down of the wiring.

Shore Power is a 6/3
Generator is a 12/4 with the neutrals and positives doubled up on the load 1 and neutral terminals, so running 120v. I'm thinking this wiring could be upgraded, the generator is rated at 46amps of continuous 120v.
Both going to their respective terminals on the WFCO T-57 transfer switch

Load side of the transfer switch is a 6/3 going to the WFCO WF-8930/50 load center

A WFCO WF-68100A Power converter/charger is coming off of the power center

There is an Interstate SRM-27 for the house battery and another SRM-27 which is solely wired to start the generator.

So, this explains why the generator battery is toast. There is nothing recharging the battery, well except for the generator is that is happening.....I need to look into that. Generator is a Cummins Onan 5.5HGJAB-6755K.

For now, I ordered a VMAX MR-127 AGM deep cycle 100ah 12v battery and a Xantrex auxiliary battery charger. I'm going to move the Interstate SRM-27 that was for house power over to start the generator and put the VMAX battery to run house power. I will add in the Xantrex auxiliary battery charger to keep the generator battery charged.

I'll also be adding the Progressive Industries HW50C EMS/Surge Protector.

I think my future plans will probably be a complete overhaul and installation of a battery bank and full Xantrex setup including:
1. Freedom SW 3000w inverter/charger
2. SCP (programmer/controller)
3. AGS (Automatic Generator Start)

And a bank of 4 -6v batteries for off the grid camping. I'll probably put these off for a while, where we travel to there are generally 50amp shore power circuits available. I'm thinking this first round of upgrades should help keep everything working well for the foreseeable future.

How does everyone like the Xantrex brand products?

I've been watching a whole bunch of videos and trying to educate myself on the equipment and brands available and I like their products.
michaelrc51 is offline   Reply With Quote