Thread: Just for Fun
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 08:00 PM   #46
LERD

Back before I started college, I took 2 years off after H.S. to save money, and quite honestly to get some drinking out of the way and mature so that I didn't flunk out!
Anyone remember three two beer?

Well on the days when we had work the next morning and we could not go out and "put a good buzz on", we would sometimes hang out at the local PUTT-PUTT. Back then, they had a few pinball machines. Well the only arcade games out back then was either Skee Ball or Pinball. So when Space Invaders and the Asteroids arcade games showed up, we started to play those. A new experience for us, and so much better than Pong that's for sure. They were brand new, and I got good enough to get my name on the leader board a few times.

The machine would post the highest scores with the players initials. LRD. Well, it stuck and everyone started calling me LERD. That name lasted for quite a few years, certainly all through college.

Not so much anymore as I've lost touch with many of them. But my youngest brother and my old roommate still call me by that name to this day.

Interestingly enough, ever since playing the Asteroids game, I never really played video games again. Just have no desire to. Still like pinball once in a while though.
LERD is offline   Reply With Quote