View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 11:24 AM   #12
jimbob

Repairs to new Keystone Fuzion

I spent over a month repairing, rebuilding way too many things on my brand new Keystone Fuzion ToyHauler. From water lines leaking everywhere, shower enclosure leaking on floor, D-rings that should hold down my two Polaris quads, well the screws holding them down were rusted off at the heads. Found these the first day when vacuumed the garage floor..sucked up 5 heads out of 18. Speakers were barely held to the ceiling with just the trim screws. Supply ducting full of just about everything that could be swept into it. The supply duct to the garage was smashed flat between the floor and frame. When I repaired that little deal, I also removed about 7' of extra ducting, it was just wadded up under the cabinet. The 100 gallon water tank was just about to fall out the bottom after just one trip. It was our maiden voyage. So I removed the tank, rebuilt the tank supports and added a 3" I-beam under the factory supports. Ceiling fan fell off the ceiling, again no backing above the ceiling, just more 2" screws through 1/8" ceiling panel. Oh and I discovered the rear a/c unit had been installed wrong. They did discover the little problem after I informed the factory of this screw-up...they came out with a "Service Bulletin".
That was 10 years ago...seems like yesterday. There were many more issues with my brand new, had to be rebuilt ToyHauler, but this should give you a little heads up. Check everything...and if you know how things should be done correctly, just about everything you check will have been installed like crap.
Now totally rebuilt, I love my 2010 Fuzion 302.
jimbob is offline   Reply With Quote