Thread: Rv gps
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 01:18 PM   #29
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-2020 View Post
Picked up a 780 at the last minute for this holiday trip. So far, it was dead on getting us to the “built-in” coordinates of the KOA. Seems KOA has paid to be on the Garmins. Well, the first time it worked. Since we are not totally familiar with the area, used it to get back the second days after some sight seeing. Had the big sign not been on the side of the road, we would have passed it in the dark following the now wrong GPS. Why it was good the first night and not the second (and subsequent ventures out) is a mystery. The local grocery store is also not right, it’s about a 1/2 mile off from the actual location. Grocery stores are not built in the middle of major intersections, Garmin. Last night, as sunset came the GPS said “Sunset 7:17am” - sunset was at about 5:20pm. I may return this if it gets worse. Oh, and at one point the grade was showing -7% while we were climbing a 7% grade. Dash electronics... sometimes they are just tiresome.
Do you have it set up for the correct time zone? It will not only effect the sunrise/set times but throw off the satellite readings. Sometimes mine will show am entrance to a cg off because the address is off, ioe the gps will take me right to their mailbox but it's a 1/8 mile down the road from the entrance,.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote