View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 06:11 AM   #17
Steveo57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit12 View Post
In another Cougar owners group I'm in, someone posted the actual recall sheet with the detailed inspection and repair procedures. I read that and based off my understanding of it, I believe my unit is not affected. The second step in the procedure states to "disconnect the shore power and turn on the inverter. Inspect outlets labeled “Off the Grid Inverter Circuit”. These should be the only 120VAC circuits energized in the unit. If these are the only circuits energized proceed to Warranty Reimbursement for inspection only, otherwise proceed to Step 3." But, I'm willing to listen to reason. Here is the actual inspection and repair instructions. Please read them and tell me what you think.
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/202...QowCToffW3b7Ak
I think you are good. There's two issues at play. The first one is that they possibly wired only one outlet on the output side of the inverter. That's not a safety issue just a mistake in the wiring that only gives you one outlet available. The second problem which is addressed in #4 is that the inverter output/input connections are potentially reversed. That is what can cause the inverter to feed back into the breaker panel and potentially energize the shore power connection.

Since you have just the three identified outlets energized when the inverter is on then it's wired correctly. You could always do a quick check on the shore power plug with the inverter on to verify that.