View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 08:42 PM   #15
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit12 View Post
You are correct, I did not check the shore power cord. However, I read the recall notice and as I read it, Keystone wants me to check and see if I have power at specific outlets with shore power off and the inverter powered on. As I accomplished that check, it was apparent the inverter is wired correctly and is powering the coach properly. None of the electrical appliances received power from the inverter. If those DID receive power I would concerned about the male end of the plug being energized from the inverter. I still intend to contact the dealer and see what they say.
I think you need to reread the recall in the photo in post #1. The problem is NOT with the outlets inside the trailer. All they are asking you to do in the third paragraph is to check to make sure they do not have power when the inverter is turned off. Read the "REASON FOR THE RECALL" (first paragraph) and it says, "...inverter is incorrectly wired, and when in use, is allowing power to energize the shore power connection. When the incorrectly wired inverter is turned on, 120 volt power will energize the shore power connection..." The paragraph about "WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO" is instructing you to turn off the inverter and then to make sure it's off by checking the outlets marked OTG to make sure there is no power to those outlets. Unless you actually measure for voltage "at the shore power plug" or "at the shore power connection" you wouldn't know if the inverter is miswired and providing power to the shore power cord.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote