View Single Post
Old 11-21-2020, 06:46 AM   #74
Ken / Claudia

Freeway/highway rest stops will have as many people though them that live in a small city over a 24 hour time frame. People equals crime, more people more crime and criminals.
Arresting wanted people or people committing crimes is a normal routine at least in Oregon. Worst is near the metro areas but the remote places still have crooks with drug problems. At training were given stats of those at times and told to spend time in them when possible.
I-5 near Wilsonville was nearest rest stops for me, but still outside of our work site patrol areas. There was a troop who worked that area for many years of swing shift. 4 nights a week he arrested someone nearly every night, most where for outstanding warrants next was drug use followed by sex crimes. Not much theft arrests. More theft reports as the crooks got away.
As I recall 3 murders were connected to that stop in 25 years. 1 police shoot out.
There was a rest stop on I-205 in the city of West Linn. That was in our patrol area. Crime got so bad, the city residents got the highway department to close it down. We did a sting over 6 months arrested 190 plus as I recall. That was conducted on fri/sat nights. Drugs and sex crimes.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote