View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 07:04 PM   #5
michaelrc51

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisB View Post
The specs for your trailer are quite close to our current rig. I'm curious as to what led you to the conclusion that you needed a suspension upgrade? You mentioned needing "more clearance" so is your system sagging? I'm not being critical of our conclusion - just wondering if your problems could be in store for me?

For your consideration, if I'm ever faced with this situation, I'd be inclined to probably go a different route. A brake upgrade to discs, performed by Performance Braking could also include an axle upgrade from 7K axles to 8K axles. This would replace your existing stuff with new Dexter stuff plus give you superior braking. It's not cheap (about $4500 for me) but would be a great upgrade. I have a heavy Can Am SxS and I'm right at the axles limits with my current 7K axles. I hope to be able to swing this upgrade in a year or two when brakes are needed.

Just for your consideration. Sorry I can't help with your questions on the Timbren system...
Yeah, I'm not 100% sure but it may be sagging. Nothing appears to be but I don't know anything about the history of the trailer. But, the ride height needs to come up a bit to be level.

That would be great to do, but I'm not looking to spend that kind of money on this trailer now.

I also thought about a disc brake upgrade with my off season mods I just don't want to spend the money right now. Of course, if my brake job ends up requiring new drums that may put me at a point where disc brake upgrade may be an option.