View Single Post
Old 02-05-2022, 07:57 AM   #6
Cougar25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stovebolt View Post
Hi Fellow Campers: We just put payment down on a Keystone Cougar 25RDS. They claim we should have it by April. We had a Forest River Heritage Glen Lite 282RK previously. I'll be towing the Cougar with a 2021 Ford F150 Platinum Hybrid. Seeing this trailer is shorter and lighter and the truck pulled the FR with no problems what so ever, I'm expecting this one to tow as well as the last one or better.
Welcome! I took delivery a year ago on a 2021 Cougar 25RDS, and I have towed it about 7,500 miles with my 2021 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost Platinum. We use the Equalizer hitch. Absolutely no issues, but you do have to pay attention to your payload. My 150 had 1,510 pounds of payload as delivered, and I'm very careful about tongue weight and what I put in the cargo bed. I typically tow at 62 mph and get 10.5-11.0 mpg.
The Cougar has been nearly trouble free. I added auto levelers before taking delivery and those are outstanding. The only real issue so far is the sliding door to the bedroom. That cornice or whatever it is supposed to be that holds the track was bolted to the ceiling with 6 screws, none of which found a wooden stud. So the whole thing came down one day on a bumpy road. I secured the cornice to vertical studs in the wall and its not an issue anymore.
I've added shelves in the bathroom "medicine cabinet", pull-out shelves in the cabinet next to the frig, hold-open struts on the dinette and bedroom cabinet doors, drawers in the underbed area, reading lights above the bed, new speakers, new TV. Before our next big trip I'm going to dump the Trail King tires and get Goodyear Endurance.
Happy Camping!