View Single Post
Old 02-04-2022, 08:09 AM   #5
Stovebolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcee View Post
Welcome to the forum!

One thing I'd do is to take a look at the yellow/white Tire & Loading sticker on the driver's side door jamb of the truck to see what your specific truck's cargo carrying capacity (payload) is.

Having been in your position of towing a 9K GVWR trailer with an F150, I can say you will very likely find yourself over your truck's payload capacity once loaded up. The advantage I had over you is that I had an XLT model with over 1800 lbs of payload. Unless things have changed dramatically from a 2019 model year to 2021, your Plat probably has about 1300 lbs of payload. The tongue weight alone on your 25RDS will likely be around 1100 lbs. Add in the weight of the hitch, all occupants and whatever gear you will have in the truck and it's easy to go over the limit.

Congratulations on your new purchase and safe travels!
The tongue weight on the heritage was 950 lbs according to my sherline scale, this trailer is lighter and shorter than the FR and it shows fully loaded about 850 lbs. I already have an equalizer 4 hitch that I used on the FR and it pulled it just fine even in heavy winds I had little problem at all. I'll be checking the weight when I get the trailer with my scale. Thanks
Stovebolt is offline   Reply With Quote