View Single Post
Old 02-04-2022, 06:03 AM   #3
markcee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stovebolt View Post
Hi Fellow Campers: We just put payment down on a Keystone Cougar 25RDS. They claim we should have it by April. We had a Forest River Heritage Glen Lite 282RK previously. I'll be towing the Cougar with a 2021 Ford F150 Platinum Hybrid. Seeing this trailer is shorter and lighter and the truck pulled the FR with no problems what so ever, I'm expecting this one to tow as well as the last one or better.
Welcome to the forum!

One thing I'd do is to take a look at the yellow/white Tire & Loading sticker on the driver's side door jamb of the truck to see what your specific truck's cargo carrying capacity (payload) is.

Having been in your position of towing a 9K GVWR trailer with an F150, I can say you will very likely find yourself over your truck's payload capacity once loaded up. The advantage I had over you is that I had an XLT model with over 1800 lbs of payload. Unless things have changed dramatically from a 2019 model year to 2021, your Plat probably has about 1300 lbs of payload. The tongue weight alone on your 25RDS will likely be around 1100 lbs. Add in the weight of the hitch, all occupants and whatever gear you will have in the truck and it's easy to go over the limit.

Congratulations on your new purchase and safe travels!
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote