View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 12:53 AM   #10
CrazyCain

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbrown View Post
The OP hasnt been logged on since March 2015 so I don't think you'll be getting a verdict.

I can, however, offer you my opinion and the sentiments of other RVers who want to mitigate the risk of tire failures and/or ruptures at highway speeds. Buy a new, reputable set of tires that increases the load carrying capacity at least 20-25% above the OEM ratings. If your wheels will support LR-E tires, I would certainly consider that an excellent upgrade to your safety margins and reserves.

The 177LHS is a single axle trailer so there is a higher inherent risk of a catastrophic event if there were to be a rapid depressurization of either tire.

Minimize that risk. Get a higher quality tire (Carlisle, Goodyear, Maxxis). Increase the tire size and load ratings if possible. And then maintain your tires per the manufacturers recommendations.

One less thing to worry about makes for one less headache and much more camping fun. Good luck. Be safe.
Thanks for the response busterbrown, i didnt think he would respond, but figured someone would. Yeah, will be getting a new set of tires in a few weeks. I do have a TireMinder TMPS so that will give me a piece of mind until can get the rig back home. Thanks again!!

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
2017 Keystone Hideout 177LHS Carlisle Radial HDs
:
CrazyCain is offline   Reply With Quote