View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 06:33 PM   #9
busterbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCain View Post
I'm curious what you ended up doing with these tires. I bought a Hideout 177LHS last October that have the Load star ST20575RD d rated (65psi) tires on it, They have maybe 500 miles on them, have sat on concrete since October (covered) in the cold. In 2 weeks I start the camping season. Thinking i will give them this summer before i start to look for new ones, maybe.. ALWAYS check my pressure before pulling out too..

The OP hasnt been logged on since March 2015 so I don't think you'll be getting a verdict.

I can, however, offer you my opinion and the sentiments of other RVers who want to mitigate the risk of tire failures and/or ruptures at highway speeds. Buy a new, reputable set of tires that increases the load carrying capacity at least 20-25% above the OEM ratings. If your wheels will support LR-E tires, I would certainly consider that an excellent upgrade to your safety margins and reserves.

The 177LHS is a single axle trailer so there is a higher inherent risk of a catastrophic event if there were to be a rapid depressurization of either tire.

Minimize that risk. Get a higher quality tire (Carlisle, Goodyear, Maxxis). Increase the tire size and load ratings if possible. And then maintain your tires per the manufacturers recommendations.

One less thing to worry about makes for one less headache and much more camping fun. Good luck. Be safe.
busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote