View Single Post
Old 03-31-2023, 02:48 PM   #23
PackFan

Our Cougar is now at Camping World for warranty work, including figuring out what is wrong with the unresponsive Victron Smart Shunt.

As expected, the service advisor knew NOTHING about the Solar Flex 400i system. When I demonstrated the Victron Connect app to prove the smart shunt wasn't responding, I ran into a problem. The app picked up a smart shunt and charge controller apparently from an adjacent Keystone unit. I had to explain that these were NOT mine, so we will see how their troubleshooting goes.

On a related note, Camping World apparently charges for diagnosing and doing the paperwork on warranty claims. For the shunt, this was $195.00, plus some BS charges for environmental fees ($9.21) and shop supplies ($39.00). They said I would be responsible for these charges if the warranty claim is rejected by Keystone.

Has anyone heard of this policy at other RV dealers? I have not.

I won't go into the many other negative customer experiences we had purchasing this RV, but we do not plan on setting foot on Camping World premises again after this work is completed.
PackFan is offline   Reply With Quote