View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 03:59 AM   #5
dutchmensport

I had a similar "clip" on my Montana and on the other back end, I clipped it myself. And on my previous Outback travel trailer, I clipped the corner too. I fixed all 3 "clips" myself and saved the aggravation and the high deductible with insurance and waiting for months to get service at my local RV dealership shop.

For less than $5.00 I used a tube of original Liquid Nails and glued the trim back on. Yes, I pumped that sucker full of Liquid Nails until it squirted out everywhere.

I then used a small wood screw at the bottom of that trim. Actually, I had some extra RV Robertson Headed screws I picked up and used it. I pre-drilled a small pilot hole in that trim (mine was plastic) as I didn't want it to crack out. I then screwed the screw in and it finally hit something solid. Right on the corner, it will hit something.

All you need to do is tighten that screw down enough to hold the trim in place. Once the Liquid Nails dries solid, that trim will NEVER come off and water, sun, cold, and heat will never hurt the Liquid Nails. That's how I fixed mine, on 3 separate occasions.

Now, if the same corner ever gets clipped again ... well ... then it WILL go in for an insurance claim. I doubt the trim will ever rip off again. If it rips off, it will take the entire rear of the trailer with it!

I've used Liquid Nails (the original... don't use the specialty flavors, like "for projects" or for plastics or for Styrofoam. Those won't hold up to the weather elements. Original Liquid Nails does! That stuff is marvelous. Also, don't use something else, Gorilla, Lock-Tite or one of those. I don't know how those hold up against the weather elements. I do know, beyond any doubt and with 40 years of experience using Liquid Nails, Liquid Nails will hold up in any weather, forever!