View Single Post
Old 03-28-2023, 09:41 AM   #24
cougar23

jabeg, As I stated in another post, we love our 23MLE.Here is my story. We had a 2022 Thor class C motorhome. Hated it. Camping World gave us what we paid for it. We decided we wanted a 5th wheel and the wife fell in love with the Cougar 23. I had a Ford F-150 with max tow package and fell for the sales pitch for the Cougar 1/2 ton. We bought the 5th wheel and brought it home.
At home I started crunching the numbers and found the sales person had given me the wrong pin weight. Using the factory numbers with our hitch weight and me and wife in truck we were over max payload.
We loaded the camper and using a tongue weight scale I measured the pin weight. We were now 600+ lbs. over weight. I needed a bigger truck. Having always been a Ford man, I wanted a Ford. Unfortunately at that time used F250 and F350 trucks under 250,000 miles only existed with a diesel engine. I had 3 diesel trucks in the past and did not want another one. Could not even find a new 250/350 in my area. After 3 months I finally found a 2022 Ford F250 Super Duty with only 20,000 miles.
We just returned from spending part of the winter in Florida. My truck did great with no lack of power and we really enjoyed our Cougar 23 MLE.
Word of caution! If you look at any 1 ton trucks be sure to check ALL of the weight ratings since some are rated lower than a 2/4 ton. It all depends on the engine and trim. My F250 is a XL trim with the 6.2 L engine. Does not have all of the bells and whistles my F150 had but it gets the job done.
cougar23 is offline   Reply With Quote