View Single Post
Old 03-23-2023, 12:50 PM   #5
Sherwolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
I do not believe the issue is with your Trucks integrated brake control ..

All four RV brakes are wired in parallel.. The signal that is sent to one brake manet is the same as the other 3.. ( voltage and amp )..

I would pull that hub back off and check:
1. Measure the resistance of that brake magnet ( 3.2 ohms ) typical
2. Use a straight edge and measure across the magnet surface for overall flatness of the magnet face
3. Check the two wires leading into the coil on the magnet for any evidence of damage, looseness, etc
4. Check the operation of the self adjust mechanism on that brake ( the brakes adjust themselves Only when brakes are applied and moving forward)
When I inspected the wires during my initial troubleshooting I did not find anything loose or damaged. Did not check the resistance of the brake magnet so this is something I will check. When checking the resistance I will also check the surface with a straight edge. As for the brake adjustment I did check this and all the brakes seem to be properly adjusted. In fact this was one of the first things I checked.

Appreciate your response and some additional things to troubleshoot.
2019 Magnetic Gray F250 Lariat Super Duty, Screw, 6.2L, 4x4, 3:73 Electronic Locking Gear, Ultra Flex Tonneau Cover
Sherwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote