View Single Post
Old 03-21-2023, 12:06 PM   #8
Hellbilly13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Bulldog View Post
Burning plastic smell is a big red warning. If you fail to heed that warning and proceed without knowing EXACTLY what caused it, you are putting everything including your life at risk. Nothing you described in your troubleshooting efforts is likely the cause. Something else is going on and you need to find out what it is.

I investigated a total loss house fire this past summer where lightning struck the house 3 days prior. He was advised to get an electrician to inspect his electrical system. The homeowner said everything was working normally so he didn’t bother calling anyone despite his wife telling him about the funny smell every time she was in one of the upstairs bedrooms and the light was on. Fortunately it burned down during they day when no one was home, but they lost everything including their pets.

That's exactly what I'm worried about! I just don't know what to do at this point except buy a new furnace. I'm hoping this one can be repaired, but I don't know where to look. I'm going to go remove it again and look for anything burned.
Hellbilly13 is offline   Reply With Quote