View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 04:38 AM   #1
Cooter

2019 Cougar 29bhs dealer replacement

Hello,

Just wanted to take a moment to share my recent experience purchasing our camper and workmanship issues. We love the floor layout and automatic leveling system!!! we traded in a 89 holiday rambler class c.
The first unit we purchased was off the showroom floor so i assumed that everything was well inspected by both the dealer and manufacturer. I did not climb up on the roof and inspect. We went camping the next weekend and noticed the sealant used all along the front cap/roof was applied with someones hand like finger paint. It was a mess. I climbed on the roof and more of the same along the front cap. We had some rain showers that week of camping and the the slide windows leaked enough to actually get the table seats wet. The toilet did not seal either.
Took the unit back to the dealer and they put me in another 29bhs they had on the lot. I inspected the roof very well and all seals looked good. Below you will find our current warranty item list on this unit.

1)slide leaks when closed
2)Water heater anode is destroyed and tank full of debris
3)leak in master bedroom near the front cap window
4)electric jack does not retract all the way
5)water drips in the middle of the awning during a light rain
6)molding falling down in master bedroom
7)staples are protruding in the carpet/slide. Cut foot.
8)missing screw plugs in the interior wood molding
9)different locks on both front doors

This experience has really opened my eyes to this industry and the need for very careful examinations prior to purchasing a new RV.

Anyone have such a list after buying a new RV?
Cooter is offline   Reply With Quote