View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 05:54 PM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

Take this for what it's worth....

I stay in my trailer 2, 3,4,5 months at a time. I read about actuating the slides, but hey, I'm living in it. I can't see moving everything around (our recliners have to turn sideways and be strapped) to pull in the slides every week. I see most everyone, everyone, that doesn't do that and neither do I. My slides have never given me a problem because they weren't pulled in and out a couple of times a week. The only problem I've ever had was on this last trip and it was due to a mod we made on the slides due to binding. I had Teflon like strips placed under my 2 big slides. After about 3 months extended the center strip on the living room slide looked like it was detaching and bowing under the slide a bit. It had been attached, by the SMs recommendation, by an adhesive (Pro Flex if I recall). It appeared to let go a bit. I chose NOT to start retracting and extending the slide to help seal it but kept an eye on it. At departure DW and I activated the slide and I watched the strip from under the slide. It "adjusted" itself and worked just fine - and did for 4 stops coming home.

The reason the Teflon strips were placed was because of excessive wear of the Darco material on the ends of each of the big slides. I can't see how repeated extension/retractions of the big slides would not exacerbate that potential problem over time.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote