View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 10:43 AM   #4
flipazn

More questions!

The HD Tow Package is supposed to tow close to 9K lbs. and 900 lbs. tongue weight, but when you add up the weight of the TV (GVWR) you're left with around 7500 lbs. of towing capacity before you reach the GCWR. Talk about rounding up! I'm curious to see how my tongue weight increases when I load up both the TV and the TT as well as adding fresh water for our stay in Yosemite. Would I be close to maxing out the tongue weight, or is that where the weight distribution hitch comes in handy? Forgive my ignorance on these things... Is it absolutely necessary that I change to LT tires, or will the WD hitch be enough to control sway? Will switching to LT tires affect the daily ride versus the P tires? Also, my children are still very young (10, 5, 3, 1) with a combined weight of ~100 lbs. I understand they will grow, however, by the time that happens we will probably be changing our setup. Thank you to all who have given advice. I will be taking my fully loaded setup to a local CAT scale soon to weigh everything leading up to my Yosemite trip, and after I get those weights I should be be posting the numbers here so y'all can help me decide which WD hitch will work best with my setup.

2014 Keystone Hideout 24BHWE
2015 F150 XLT 3.5L ecoboost
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
Air Lift Ride Control Airbags
flipazn is offline   Reply With Quote