View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 07:21 PM   #1
Keshka

slide out issues

Hi gang!
Our slide out for the living room is leaving a nasty gooey black streak on the carpet about even with the drivers side edge of the rear seat storage box. I checked out the underside of the slide out an it appears someone glued a patch of the Darco on top of the existing Darco. Apparently something had damaged the original underside and a patch was attempted.

The patch is now failing and the glue is what is smearing the carpet. Here is the question. Does this 2011 Fuzion have any type of roller or glide for the slide out such as I see in the factory tour videos of new Keystone RVs or is it just the Darco sliding on the carpet?

If it's just Darco/carpet then any gravel/dirt/screw etc could scratch the heck out of the Darco.

Have any of you removed the slide out and attempted repairs or added rollers? That seems the best option. Even doing the original repair as it should have been done and removing the slide out and replace the entire piece of Darco would be better that this mess. I would still be vulnerable to foreign object damage but at least it is preventable.

Keshka
Keshka is offline   Reply With Quote