View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 08:53 PM   #4
therealpatricksnyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-2020 View Post
I installed a 360+ after reading about all the problems with Furrion wings ripping off the roofs of other Keystones (my TT wasn't under the recall for this problem). The inside of the 360+ that I bought and installed had two (LTE 4G) PCB antennas perched inside the dome. A coax from both antenna down out of the base. I only needed the OTA portion and I added a dipole FM antenna to the inside for the FM radio. I suspect that if the equipment you're wanting to use has the mating connectors to what Winegard installed (or cut these off, and crimp/solder on your required type) that the antenna up top would work. My 360+ unit is slightly different than what Keystone is installing now. Mine is a two-piece unit so that I can remove the dome and install a modem up there, or push the two coax connections down through the hole next to the OTA coax and install the modem on the ceiling of he camper.
Cool this actually somewhat confirms my suspicion that there is nothing weird or proprietary about the Winegard 360+ antennas on Keystones. You are right there are MCX male connectors where the two LTE and WiFi antenna terminate in the camper but those are easy to change out or adapt to SMAs or TS-9s. The ones installed on Keystones sound the same as the one you bought aftermarket. Mine is stated to have the broad spectrum FM/VHF/UHF antenna, plus the two 4G antennas and the single WiFi antenna; also has the mount for the Winegard gateway. The FM and TV signal wires route to the TV/SAT panel already and the others terminate in the ceiling behind a cap, also zip tied to a 12v cable I can tap into (which added bonus, keystone published their color coded and numbered wiring specs so I will be able to tell exactly where that 12v wire runs.)

Well I'm going to take my chances with either a Pepwave, Peplink, or the Netgear MR1100 and see how that goes. Thanks for the input for reference.

Sometimes I fix stuff, sometimes I break stuff; Always learning.

2021 Keystone Passport SL 199ML
2014 Ford Explorer Limited
therealpatricksnyder is offline   Reply With Quote