View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 07:17 PM   #9
ESRAM

DenverTransplant... Did you ever figure out your problem with the propane refrig at higher elevations? If so, what was your fix?

I will give you my observances or findings, since I also have the same problem... I have a Dometic DM2652 in a 2016 Cougar 24SABWE. The problem occurs at 7,000 feet and higher. It works fine at 4,500 feet. I am not sure what elevation causes the problem, other that the manual states 5,500 feet.

It appears when the propane will keep our refrigerator going (and not error out at 7,000 feet) the sound from the back of the refrigerator is that of a flame on a low heat. When it continuously errors out the flame sound is one that sounds like it is on high.

My second finding or input, is that I called Dometic a few weeks ago about this problem and they told me I need to lower my water column (W.C.) setting on my propane regulator. I have not done this yet - but I have invested in a WC gage and plane on doing some tests in the next couples of weeks and see if that works - my only hesitation on doing this is the sound I am getting from the back of the refrig when it works and doesn't work... Why am I getting a very different sound.

Anyway, if I find anything out I will post the results.

Thanks!
ESRAM is offline   Reply With Quote