View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 07:56 AM   #17
sourdough
Site Team

And the saga continues... I won't continue to bore you with the ongoing events next door but thought I would share one last drama from this morning.

Got up this morning and opened the windows (a bit after daybreak) after hearing a "clunk" next door. The fellows were out again; pass thru hatch open, water running out of the floor underneath and them scurrying around with paper towels and small towels. One went inside, the other stayed at the convenience center and messed with the city water inlet and ?? He began yelling at the guy inside "I'm turning it on full force and just keep hitting it hard"!?? Hmmm, "hitting it hard" doesn't usually go well with RV components so I thought I would make myself available. I didn't/don't want to be "that guy" Jim alluded to so I just opened the door with my coffee and stepped out in case there was a question I could help with. Nothing - they didn't even look at me. Gone were the happy smiles, grins and laughs they had been sharing when they got here. Both frowning, looked tired and grumpy at each other.

The friend got more towels and wiped up the pass thru, the owner went to his truck and began picking up hand tools he had thrown all over the ground around the truck and front of the trailer, appearing very unhappy. The friend then slammed the hatch closed, whatever malady that had been plaguing them apparently put on the back burner for a later time. Put their golf clubs on the golf cart and.....no go. What a look of consternation passed between them. A bit later the park owner arrives with the hood of his pickup up and they take the cart away....I assume to recharge. Neighbors both went inside and haven't been back out. Oh, the sewer hose that is just "laid" out there and never connected? It's still just laying there poked into the open sewer drain and the cover to the furnace? It's off again for the 3rd consecutive day as they piddle with the control board and wiring daily because it "runs too much".

I hate seeing stuff like this happen and I would expect that this fellow will not have kind words to say about his Keystone Cougar when, from my perch, nearly everything I've seen is self induced. His good friend next door, in a new Momentum, is more mechanically inclined (our neighbor is not) and hasn't had any problems from what I've seen other than not knowing how to connect a sewer line which was compounded greatly by the fact that he has 2 sewer outlets. I told them what to get to get it hooked up. The solution? One hose connected to one outlet and forget the other toilet I guess; or move it each dump cycle or ??? .....

I won't continue to detail the happenings. As the post title indicated NOW is a good time to be out camping. Not only to see some things from the funny side as I talked about but in reality, a great time to be out with all the new folks and be able to hopefully help them get acquainted with their new rigs and avoid some of the common pitfalls we have all experienced. Happy camping to all!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote