Thread: New TV
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 02:10 PM   #34
vancouverbrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Just a quick verification from one of the so called "weight ****"!
Personally I prefer "weight police" as I'm not forcing anyone to do anything other than inform, they're big kids & can do with the information as they please.
The payload is not hidden, it's posted on the door jamb of all late model vehicles along with the other pertinent weights. The max tow weight you won't find posted on that vehicle, you'll only found that number in advertising or from the salesman's mouth, basically it's the hidden number.

I am a retired professional driver and take this seriously. I try hard not to denigrate anyone if they are learning or trying to do things right and asking for help. I meant hidden in that the payload number on the door does not mean that you can put that much tongue weight for a TT or on your frame with a fifth wheel because you need to dig deeper and deduct other weight that you put into your truck...hitch, people etc. So there is a calculation required and the real payload left is not clear at first glance and therefore is hidden. I would recommend taking the truck over the scale as you would go on a trip and also the trailer as fully loaded to find real world numbers.
vancouverbrian is offline   Reply With Quote