Thread: New TV
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2020, 12:29 PM   #23
thatoneguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
We have lots of folks new to towing and looking for sound advice. We provide that - and try to stay on the conservative side. The last thing someone new to towing, that has never had 7-10k strapped behind them, needs is to be "pushing the envelope" because someone has tried a one off and implies to all that it's the way to go. That is a recipe for disaster in someone's lives that could affect them and their family forever. If someone wants to live on the edge, make endless mods to their vehicle etc. that's great, btdt too many times. But the end product of that endeavor is NOT what a newbie for their first RV is going to be doing.

The tow package on a 2014 could very well not have the 4.10 ratio; it could very easily be the 3.73 (and wouldn't surprise me if it was). The 6 speed tranny is the weak spot in that combo with a huge hole between 2nd and 3rd. Depending on the weight behind you that hole can really put you in a bind if you don't run it up in 2nd.

As far as throwing money (away) into vehicles for fun I get it. I've done it most of my life although "race cars" and hot rodding went away 30 years ago then I got into 4 wheeling. Among them I put almost 40k into an old Ramcharger because I liked the looks of it then gave it to my grandson. Put 20k into my old Jeep CJ7 then gave it away when I sold my mountain house in March. I understand doing it "to do it".

Let us know what those scale numbers are along with the specs for your truck. I figure having owned them I can pretty much tell you what yours is but I'm not going to guess. If you don't want anyone to comment or advise on your situation and won't post the truck numbers, it's a waste of time to post the scale weights since there is no reference for them.
I didn't mean to say I wouldn't tell specs, just that I wasn't doing the obligatory sticker post. Ive told them to best of my memory and knowledge thus far though
thatoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote