Thread: New TV
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2020, 09:49 AM   #21
thatoneguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
We've had this conversation before without success. Asking questions but refusing to provide any information to be able to answer them, then telling everyone of your expertise in all things towing because you hot shot is, well, less than confidence inspiring.

Your decision to get a bigger truck was inevitable if you were to be safe...as we said you needed to. It's appreciated that you advised on the decision you made but the arrogance, without any demonstrated experience other than working in the oilfield, is very off putting and as a previous poster said - more like trolling.

As far as the truck; thinking it has a higher payload because it has the towing pkg....forget it, you lost it with that useless brush guard on the front that only adds weight (decreases payload) and cuts mpg. Tuners, new intake and exhaust will yield nothing to speak of on a newer engine - btdt. The one unmistakable thing it does is increase the cab noise greatly. When I was 20 all the noise may have been "cool" even if it wasn't of any benefit but I outgrew that.

The 6.4 is a great engine. I didn't catch what year the truck is but I've owned new ones since 2014. They have greatly improved them in just those few short years. Trying to do all the mods you suggest on a newer 6.4, which has been highly tuned to provide the best numbers along with longevity isn't the best approach IMO. It is however a good way to throw away money to say one made some mods to an engine. Heck, I'd give you that new K&N cold air intake sitting in my attic that I took off after 3 months but I leave it there to remind me of my mistake (and not to repeat it) every time I walk up in the attic.

Post back with those scale numbers - which obviously mean nothing since you won't post the numbers of the truck.
I didn't add the brush guard, im deleting it and a hand held tuner i agree are worthless, im talking custom tuning via hp tuners, i heard the transmission tuning bin particular is junk.. so rv'ng isnt my hobby, i jusy happen to live in one full time, hot rodding and customs and racing are my hobbys, I think with full bolt ons and tunes i can squeak another 35-40 hp out of it.... worth the money to do that? absolutely not, but then again my 2013 corvette i turned into a race car was pretty pointless too except I thought it was cool.

Im not trolling i just don't care for the condencending nature of this forum full of "experts" but i will post the scale weights once i get them and let others who have similar rigs decide for themselves how much truck is appropriate , especially when going from this forum which gives good advice, just ultra conservative advice on weights.

Edit Sorry its a 2014 Tradesman, has 5th wheel prep, max towing and built in trailer brake controller, im guessing 4:11 gears because of tow package, i haven't even got to drive it yet
thatoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote