View Single Post
Old 06-21-2021, 04:01 PM   #44
jxnbbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by autismalanimal View Post
Ohh i see. The soft start is a little pricey but I kinda want one... would sure be convenient for traveling in the south, or just make it more comfortable for my son who still takes naps. As I understand it, its the wattage required to start the AC that makes using a generator for AC a little dicey. I am not sure what the exact model is but I know mine is 13.5 btu

Exactly....we were traveling to Florida and knew it would be 90+ (and it approached 100 a few days) combine that with a couple of HarvestHost stays were we knew we would not have power and the generator was necessary. However, one day while in the keys the local power company had some work and they shut off the power to the campground from 10am-3pm So we needed it then in an unplanned situation. The softstart actually does work well.

I have to give them an A+ on support as the wiring was a bit different on the GE AC that I have and they got back to me within 2 hours on a weekend with a "unit specific" wiring diagram along with they guys cell phone if I had questions. Remembering back probably less than an hour of install time with only simple wiring tools - cutter/stripper, crimper and a screw driver. Even though I believe our unit could be handled with the 2500, I wanted a bit of headroom so that the converter/etc (nothing big) could run simultaneously on an AC startup.
2023 Ram 3500 6.7L diesel, 3.73 ratio
jxnbbl is offline   Reply With Quote