View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 01:38 PM   #7
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
When this happens again on your Alpine.. and it WILL it’s an indication that one or more relays in the gateway or control module for that Zone A/C 7nit is staying latched..

When this occurs the In Command system isn’t able to communicate across the CANBUS to tell that unit to shut down..

A “Complete Power Down” which means removing shore power AND 12 volts DC battery power will usually allow the latched relay to clear..

Just removing 120 volts AC power isn’t going to reset that latched relay..

Why? Because the gateway or control module has 12 volts DC applied to it at all times directly from power center 12 volt Bus Bar..

By removing 12 volts as well as 120 volts this also forces BCM to do a hard reset..
Chuck I have the iN·command system and it’s working pretty good except for one glitch.. I had a second ac installed and it’s on the iN·command and no problems with that. My rear ac works but when it’s close to satisfying the tstat, the ac it will shut off for about 3 seconds and then immediately the fan will turn back on and it will run for another few minutes until it’s satisfied.
More of a irritation then anything ..also I notice a lag every now and then where the temp will climb maybe 4 deg and the ac doesn’t kick on but eventually it does and works fine... rv hvac systems are not my forte, at least the in command system is something I’m not familiar with.