View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 08:05 AM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

There are some out there that are trying to maximize on the popularity of RVing at the moment. If they don't have room for expansion (maybe if they do) they are doing as was mentioned and compressing the sites. We are good friends with a person that owns the RV park we stay in when in FL. They were to expand so we went in to look at the plans and pick a site we wanted. We did so and it was agreed that when complete that would be "our" site each winter. Then....

As time went by, permit delays etc., the lure of "more money" became too much and the plans for the expansion changed drastically. Gone were the green belt areas, the 40' sites became 25', pavement gave way to gravel etc. etc. Initially we had discussions about what campers would like and ease of ingress/eagress including many pull thru sites.

In the end pull thrus were gone, roads are 10' wide (maybe 12 but pretty sure 10) and those "nice" things campers would like....not important any longer. What was important? More spaces. More spaces = more $$. When I discussed it again with them they tried to explain and then said it wouldn't matter; they would fill up as soon as they could get them built, and....they were right. They had completed the 1st section when we left and what I thought were tiny, narrow sites (and they were) were immediately filled up and stayed that way until we left. Front awnings hanging over the neighbors sewer hose; your picnic table (which you provide) sitting either at the very back of the trailer in that 6' space or in the parking area with your vehicle. Our reservations are at a different place now; 45' wide x 80' long. Hopefully this trend won't last too long but I'm not optimistic.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote