View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 05:26 PM   #39
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brob View Post
You are 100% correct about how these trailers are constructed. I've recently torn into my Keystone trailer to correct some "factory designed" issues. I knew going in they are constructed cheaply, but I didn't know just how terribly they are engineered, like butt-splices in 13' clear spans of roof supporting the rooftop A/C and the roofing membrane being tucked behind the siding. I was pulled over for a missing taillight in Indiana a couple years ago, not burned out...missing, because the screws ripped out of the siding. After opening the back wall, I see that there was no wood backing behind the aluminum on the driver's side of the trailer, so the taillight was screwed to the aluminum siding, and that's it.

When I noted this earlier in the week I was flamed by multiple members here on the forum, including at least 2 admins. When I pointed out the lack of actually reading the post before flaming its author, I was threatened with expulsion by one of the admins, who incidentally was one of the first to jump on the bandwagon of insults. This is apparently a Keystone fanboy site, and pointing out manufacturing defects is taboo... I'm sure this post will now be my last here, because I said something. But trust me, there are other RV sites that welcome members sharing their issues and subsequently how they are fixed. I find this much more valuable than a site where everyone jumps on you for being critical of clearly poor manufacturing techniques.

Brob, your problem is your inability to control your responses to others and the continued violation of forum community rules;

*Do not take every opportunity to express your disagreement, incite argument, insult each other, or fan flames. Voice you opinion respectfully and then let it go.
*Do not post the same discussion more than once or in more than one forum area.
*Public discussion about moderation or moderator decisions is not allowed.
*Trolling and cyberstalking are NOT allowed and are grounds for account restriction or removal. Trolling on this board includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of (or anticipated result of) baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent.

You have violated these rules repeatedly, complaining about a 19 year old trailer you lived in full time.

No one flamed you for posting your opinion of the construction of an RV, your repeated attacks on others that tried to explain offended members. Your attempts to go from thread to thread to post the same inflammatory comments was objected to.

I too belong to many forums but unlike those you belong to ((I guess) they limit the inciteful posts allowed by a member.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote