View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 04:32 PM   #38
Brob
Gone Traveling

You are correct. Hope you're still around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfp673 View Post
I'm always surprised on these threads how many excuses I read. The answer is because these trailers are junk. Keystone (and most other manufacturers) crank them out with little to no true QC, the cheapest materials available, and as fast as possible. Some replies about sitting in the trailer to see how much bouncing around occurs implies that is not what it was built for. That is literally what this thing is. Imagine buying a water jug that leaks in 5 places and arguing "but look how much water you're putting in that thing!" I am super hopeful the industry will turn a corner some day but I don't see it happening. Yes, that means increased prices but right now the majority of RV's are junk. Sorry for the harsh reply but I feel it's the only real answer. We buy them and have to be prepared to deal with non-stop repairs.
You are 100% correct about how these trailers are constructed. I've recently torn into my Keystone trailer to correct some "factory designed" issues. I knew going in they are constructed cheaply, but I didn't know just how terribly they are engineered, like butt-splices in 13' clear spans of roof supporting the rooftop A/C and the roofing membrane being tucked behind the siding. I was pulled over for a missing taillight in Indiana a couple years ago, not burned out...missing, because the screws ripped out of the siding. After opening the back wall, I see that there was no wood backing behind the aluminum on the driver's side of the trailer, so the taillight was screwed to the aluminum siding, and that's it.

When I noted this earlier in the week I was flamed by multiple members here on the forum, including at least 2 admins. When I pointed out the lack of actually reading the post before flaming its author, I was threatened with expulsion by one of the admins, who incidentally was one of the first to jump on the bandwagon of insults. This is apparently a Keystone fanboy site, and pointing out manufacturing defects is taboo... I'm sure this post will now be my last here, because I said something. But trust me, there are other RV sites that welcome members sharing their issues and subsequently how they are fixed. I find this much more valuable than a site where everyone jumps on you for being critical of clearly poor manufacturing techniques.
Brob is offline   Reply With Quote