View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 06:52 PM   #26
MotoDad293

I will throw my 2 cents in as I am closely matched to the OP.

I have a 2020 F350 SRW CC LB and I tow a 2021 Raptor 351. When I bought the truck, it was not a model where they downgrade the capacity on the window sticker at zero cost, 12,400 to 11k. I never understood that anyway.

When I bought my 351 I had the dealer install the Goosebox 20k because I wanted to not have the extra weight and hassle of removing the king pin gizmo. I use my trailer as a toyhauler, most of the time I have 3 dirt bikes in the back as well as about another 300 pounds of parts, ez-ups and miscellaneous pit setup stuff. I tow with the fresh water tank and propane full but usually only fill the builtin generator tank when close to our race location. In the bed of my truck, while towing, I have another 35 gallon water tank, a pressure washer and usually 10-15 gallons of race gas.

I believe I run at my max tow by the numbers or slightly over. I really do not know. But I can tell you, the F350 tows amazing. I have had to do panic stops going downhill because of lane police, etc and the truck stops very, VERY well! I can still climb super well. I can climb the infamous Grapevine southbound on I-5 with little to no stress on the motor. I have yet to have any issue and believe I have been in most 'issue' situations. I bought the trailer 11/20 and accrding to the trailer info screen on the truck I have pulled the trailer 12,000 miles already. All over the west coast! Sitting flat on level ground there is only the slightest sag. Today I do not have air bags but I am planning to do them soon, when we have some downtime in the race schedule. Probably at that time, I will also do the Carli Commuter 2.5 level/lift. I will do the Deaver leaf pack in addition to the airbags.

I purposely bought a tandem axle fifth wheel over a triple, thinking the size is better suited for the SRW.

Having said all that, I purposely did not buy the Tremor because I too liken it to the Raptor. It does have a slightly diminished tow capacity.

Here are the 2 stickers in my driver door. I read it as I have 4561 pounds of pin weight, passengers and other things in the bed of my truck. Yeah?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4492.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	330.4 KB
ID:	33924

Name:	IMG_4493.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	280.3 KB
ID:	33925

Name:	IMG_4034.jpg