View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 09:54 AM   #36
Weldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfp673 View Post
I'm always surprised on these threads how many excuses I read. The answer is because these trailers are junk. Keystone (and most other manufacturers) crank them out with little to no true QC, the cheapest materials available, and as fast as possible. Some replies about sitting in the trailer to see how much bouncing around occurs implies that is not what it was built for. That is literally what this thing is. Imagine buying a water jug that leaks in 5 places and arguing "but look how much water you're putting in that thing!" I am super hopeful the industry will turn a corner some day but I don't see it happening. Yes, that means increased prices but right now the majority of RV's are junk. Sorry for the harsh reply but I feel it's the only real answer. We buy them and have to be prepared to deal with non-stop repairs.
You're welcome to share your harsh reply. Everyone has their own opinions.
I don't see it as affecting me in the least.

I do find it interesting to watch different folks' perspectives. There is a thing called a pre-delivery inspection. I bought an entry-level TT that was 3 years old. Probably comparable to a Honda Accord. It's no Bentley, but it's not a Pinto either. I knew that and set my expectations accordingly. Mine doesn't even have slide-outs, but my family is very happy with it.

We bought my wife's 2012 Journey in 2013 with 6,000 miles on it. Other than routine maintenance, we've had zero issues. A friend at work bought a 2011 Journey with about 20K on it. They got less than 5K miles out of it before trading it in due to constant issues (which BTW started because a wally-world tech didn't tighten the oil plug and they ran the oil out of the engine). They hate Journeys and tell everyone to they are nothing but junk.
Did they have any issues before the oil plug incident? They leave that part out of the story. I couldn't care less what they think about our Journey. We love ours, but I've also taken extremely good care of it, and I thoroughly inspected it before we signed on the dotted line. Guess what? I did the same with my TT, and my TV. I've never had any significant problems with something I carefully inspected before buying, and then thoroughly took care of afterwards. But then again I also take full responsibility of my actions, and don't try to speak for anyone else.
Weldon is offline   Reply With Quote