View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 09:06 AM   #33
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfp673 View Post
I'm always surprised on these threads how many excuses I read. The answer is because these trailers are junk. Keystone (and most other manufacturers) crank them out with little to no true QC, the cheapest materials available, and as fast as possible. Some replies about sitting in the trailer to see how much bouncing around occurs implies that is not what it was built for. That is literally what this thing is. Imagine buying a water jug that leaks in 5 places and arguing "but look how much water you're putting in that thing!" I am super hopeful the industry will turn a corner some day but I don't see it happening. Yes, that means increased prices but right now the majority of RV's are junk. Sorry for the harsh reply but I feel it's the only real answer. We buy them and have to be prepared to deal with non-stop repairs.
I agree with your last sentence but I knew ahead of time what I was getting into.
And like you I’m “always surprised” when someone buys an entry level “anything”...cars,chainsaws,work boots and boats for example and demands the same experience and quality as something that costs much more.
I’ve had a stihl chainsaw 034 woodboss that I bought in 1992, cost me $300 more at the time then a cheap saw from Home Depot and it will start to this day on the 2nd or 3rd pull.
Can’t expect $40 Kmart workbooks to last as long as redwings
You get what you pay for and from reading your prior posts it seems you got a bad floor in the trailer. I really don’t think keystone set out to build it knowing there was gonna be a problem.
It seems your dealer stepped up and tried to make you happy and keystone seemed to also try to resolve this.
I don’t know if you will ever be happy with the outcome but I personally don’t think I bought junk.
Your basically telling everyone on the forum we are a bunch of suckers and all have trash being pulled behind our trucks.
You could maybe sell yours to another person who doesn’t mind the upkeep and buy a luxury travel trailer.
I do feel your disappointment over the problems but at some point your better off unloading it and trying a different way to travel.

And like you I’m sorry for the harsh reply but I’m a glass half full kinda guy and it’s getting old listening to posts that never let up on how this brand of fifth wheel that my wife and I enjoy very much is nothing more then Junk.

I wish you the best and hope your issues get resolved