View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 07:29 AM   #71
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
You know, I've been out in the wind and dirt working on my fence, come in and read this stuff - 350 vs 450...or is it gas vs diesel or....?? Maybe we have too much time on our hands.

My DW doesn't tow my RV, mine does. I have a diesel truck, you have a gas truck. 350 vs 450; GM vs Ram vs Ford....the list is endless. IMO, as the above post illustrates, in all those situations (and more) we just keep getting deeper and deeper into silliness. Drive by gassers and "rev the diesel" to make them jealous? Please. DW tows my RV but yours doesn't? Help. Heck, my wife's blonde..your's is brunette; MY DW had cancer and survived....Someone else didn't....What the heck?

Mine ain't better than yours; Mine has nothing to do with your life or situation. We've gotten into a tit for tat situation on many of these things that doesn't help a soul IMO. I appreciate what another has and how they use it. I have no issue, or desire, to defend or deficate on someone else's decisions.

This is as a member; we keep having these threads that seem to be driven by "my dog's bigger than your dog"; why? I like/love what I have, have every means to buy anything I want....why do I (anyone else) need to hammer someone because it's not what "I" like? IMO we need to maybe just accept that "my" choice isn't the best for every human on the planet, it's .....my choice, not anyone elses. Now, I'm going to wash 5 lbs. of W TX dirt off me, eat something and hit the sack....but I feel better.

I'm sure it's obvious but my irritation, aggravation and frustration from dealing with a sandstorm and 40+mph winds while trying to do fence work was showing a bit in the above post - especially after having a big gust catch a 5' wide steel framed wooden gate and hit me right in the keister while I was bent over tightening a bolt. Like to broke my neck against the other steel frame.

The post wasn't to offend anyone and I hope I didn't. Anytime there is a thread with "x vs y" it can go all over the place. Just seems lately we go a little more off the deep end. Maybe it's being cooped up, maybe the time of year.....maybe it's me. Anyway, been out again this morning and the winds are starting so maybe the next clear day I can put this 10gal of sealer on the fence.....maybe.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote