View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 02:31 AM   #64
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWtheMan View Post
1st it was Mission, then GY Marathons-USA, GY Marathons-China and then TowMax and back to Marathons-China. Now we get 60 posts on TKs. Hmmm??? Makes one wonder where the real culprit hangs-out.
I don't fing any "real" evidence in any theory and you can posrulate till the cos come home. There's just nobdata to prove the manufacture, after sale treatment, age, or treatment of these tires. Pounding on people "file a complaint" with Nhts will only reflect that the tire failed, not why. INMHO I think a lot of it a learning curve on the part of the user. New owner's only know their auto experience re: tires. Replace tires when they wear out. Lots of folks now days wait for the idiot light to tell them the pressure is low and the shop that changes the oil tells them they need new tires.

So the new first time owners hitch and go untill they can't. Then when their x brand tire disintegrate they blame the tire mfg and if they do some research see that brand x has lots of failures. Then they replace with brand y and maybe find out that the trailer tires are different than their autos. That's just my postulate opinion. I don’t see any "real data" collection happening in the future.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote