View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 09:17 AM   #8
dav6662

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I see in your last few posts you must have an axe to grind with the "weight" police and have your personal views on how weight issues, or possibly weight "dangers", should or should not be approached.

If you will read the OP's original post you might note that his last comment was "any tips that you can give would be greatly appreciated". I have bolded "any"; the OP didn't say "please just say hi", "don't talk about possible weight issues", "don't tell me how to determine if my weights are safe" etc. He said ANY POSSIBLE issues - you determined the other comments should be the case.

George saw what could be a possible weight issue, which most that know weights can see. Most newbies, might even say virtually all, have no idea how weights work or if they are safe or not. The goal is to keep "that" (any) new family safe - period. Keep that in mind before you decide to try to start chastising folks for violating some personally perceived process.

BTW OP welcome to the forum and congrats on the new rig. As you can already tell we have a great concern for new folks getting into towing larger trailers and want to keep them safe. New folks join almost daily and the lack of knowledge on weights and their bearing on safe towing can be dangerous. We want to keep you and yours safe so take anything you deem worthwhile from the commentary that you will receive. Welcome aboard and ask away with questions or concerns; we have lots of helpful, knowledgeable folks.
You are correct the OP did ask for any tips...I guess my point was the response, I guess his name is George, gave him was pretty blunt and was very much in the tone of “you idiot” as opposed to let me guide you friendly down the TV capacity trail. There is a difference between offering advice and basically being rude. But I know I am wasting my time and energy..I understand the math of it all and the need for a voice of reason. I do not understand why that voice of reason must be in the tone of a bully.
dav6662 is offline   Reply With Quote