View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 07:30 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Well I guess I will start to take the bathroom apart first and see if I can find a bypass for the WH.

Thanks
Tearing the bathroom apart probably won't help you....

The water heater in your 1800BH is located in the roadside rear corner of the trailer. That is under the rear part of the lower bunk. I'd first take a flash light and inspect the back wall in the vanity (in the bathroom). You might find an access panel that connects with the rear of the water heater. Reach in that panel and you'll see the valve, located on the lower PEX tubing going into the water heater.

If there is no access panel on the back wall of the vanity, then remove the bunk mattress and inspect the extreme rear part of the bed platform. You'll likely find the access panel located there....

There IS an access panel in your trailer and there is NO REASON to start taking things apart... If you think about it, someone at the dealership, or a previous owner, has accessed that valve to winterize the trailer the past 2 or 3 winters, so it's not a situation where the factory "built it so it's impossible to get to the valve"....

Just look for the access panel, it's there somewhere.....

Here's a photo of the back of the water heater showing the valve that's "hard to see because it's way down under a lot of tubing"....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HWH BYPASS.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	33115   Click image for larger version

Name:	HWH BYPASS2.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	33116  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS