View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 04:29 AM   #1
rczapla

Factory Roof damage discovered by dealer NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY

I purchased a new 2020 Outback in Aug of 2019. We used the trailer a few times late 2019 and had major build issues with leaky slide windows and upgrade dining table pulling away from the wall. All this was fixed by the dealer. Last year we used the trailer twice. I cover the trailer for the winter. This year I took the trailer in early for routine roof maintenance, bearing pack, etc. The dealer informed me there was a small hole in the middle of the roof about 10 foot from the end of the trailer and said it was poorly patched. They discovered this poorly patched hole when they were cleaning the roof for maintenance. The dealer told me I would need a new roof. I had not patched the roof ever nor resealed it. I had only been on the roof to move the cover around for winter storage. I don't park under trees and we have never camped anywhere where a tree would have poked a hole in the middle of the roof. The damage had to come from the factory and had been patched enough to get the trailer out to the dealership, This damage SHOULD BE COVERED UNDER KEYSTONE's 3 YEAR WARRANTY. Keystone denied the warranty claim claiming they could not tell how the damage occurred. A new roof will cost me $7000 on a trailer that was purchased new and used lightly for 1&1/2 seasons. If I had damaged this trailer I would own up to it and fix it but I know I did not damage the roof and patch a whole. The dealer said the hole looked like a tree branch or dropped tool would have made this type of hole. I think I bought a $40K lemon from Keystone. This is my 2nd new Keystone. My 1st trailer (2014 Springdale 226LR) was great with no issues, That is why I upgraded and purchased the one (OUTBACK 335CG). Keystone's build quality and poor warranty coverage on my latest trailer is turning me away from ever purchasing another Keystone product again. Keystone you should stand behind your warranty. You want a customer like me as I am a return customer and have spent over $60K on your products so far. It's up to you whether you keep me as a customer or not. FIX THIS ROOF UNDER WARRNTY as you should.
rczapla is offline   Reply With Quote