View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 05:16 PM   #18
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I spend about an hour or so on a creeper, under my fifth wheel every spring and every fall. Sometimes I'll use half a can of expanding spray foam, other times I'll use 2 cans... Through the years, you'd think that by now, on a 7 year old trailer, that I'd have found and covered/plugged all the possible entry points... Not so.... Every time I lay under the trailer, I find two or three more places that I missed over the years... Could be easy for me to blame the new holes on the mice chewing into my old, already plugged holes... But honestly, they're clean holes with no old foam around them, so I can't blame anyone but myself.... It leads to wondering if I'm under my own trailer or someone else's trailer at times.....

You'll find "hundreds that seem like thousands" of entry points the first time you spend an hour under there.... But, in the end, it's well worth the effort, not only in pest control but also in propane savings if you do any early spring/late fall camping... Every one of those "mouse access sites" is also a "chilling cold entry point"....

Hmmm, a tell tale sign. See, I think it's the alignment of the stars or maybe the phase of the moon, but, it's everyday. Heck, most times I don't know what day it is or what DW told me to do 5 minutes ago. Yep, like me you may be entering....."THE TWILIGHT ZONE"!

After they replaced all the bottoms on my slides I went along underneath sealing the screw heads and putting washers on all the screws holding the metal J panels on that had been screwed through by overzealous "pros" putting the thing together (they need to limit their little drivers to about 20 inch pounds). On the way back from FL a few weeks back saw a large cable just hanging down under the trailer at the back corner. Crawled under there and what is there? An entire panel with screws torqued right thru the metal....and....I did this once??? Thought about getting DW under there to double check what I was doing.....but....what the heck did I just say!!!! Naw, I'll just give it another go next time round. And, just keep a couple bottles of spray foam around when you find those "new" holes you didn't see last time.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote