View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 02:12 PM   #1
Scotts766

Dometic furnace circuit breaker

We recently took delivery of a 2021 Cougar 26RBS. On our first camping trip we had to turn the heat on. It worked fine for awhile but then sometime during the first night it quit working. When I turned it off and back on again the blower came on and then the furnace ignited. It stayed on about 10 seconds and shut down. When this happened I noticed a red light on in the fuse panel. I restarted it a few times and same result.
We purchased our TT from Camping World and have access to the RV Tech Line. When the technician called me back he asked me if there was a black fuse in the panel. This is not a fuse but a resettable circuit breaker. He said there is an issue with this breaker not being able to withstand the surge of the burner igniting. He told me to replace it with a standard blue 15 amp ATC fuse.
Since doing this we have not had an issue and the heat is working great.
Our trailer has the In-Command system. The technician said the circuit breaker problem that comes with the Dometic furnace is a known issue. Hopefully this will help someone else having the same issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FD924AF6-AD9E-497D-AF5E-3208C0E52705.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	347.0 KB
ID:	33102  
Scotts766 is offline   Reply With Quote