View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 06:52 PM   #1
michaelrc51

Timbren Silent Ride Suspension Reviews and thoughts??

So as part of my off season maintenance/ upgrades to our 2014 Keystone Raptor 300MP toy hauler, I have been looking at suspension work.

This toy hauler is new to us and I like to stay ahead of maintenance issues. It's obvious that the suspension could use a bit of a refresh. I have no idea if/ when any bushings were replaced either.
So, my initial thoughts are to get new leaf springs, MORryde CRE3000, MORryde wetbolt kit, and Joy Rider shocks. It looks like all in my parts cost would be right around $1500 or so.
Pros-it will give us some necessary lift and the installation is pretty easy.

Then, I came across the Timbren Silent Ride Suspension.
I like the engineering behind it and Timbren makes some decent products. I just can't find a lot of reviews on this setup.
My thoughts are that there are a couple of downfalls with switching to this unit.
1. It appears that between the unit and the added structure I'll have to fabricate and install, that I will be adding a few hundred pounds. Thus loosing a few hundred pounds of payload.
2. Where does the movement of the springs and shackles transfer to when having to turn the trailer in tight spots and cutting turns hard with this system? If this system is as stiff as it looks that would mean the hubs/ wheels and tires are going to be under some serious torsional loads during these manuevers.
3. Installation. While it isn't out of my realm, there is definitely a lot of work and fabrication required.
Price is even a bit less than the first option.

My goals with this project are to:
1. ensure that I will have trouble free suspension, at least for a couple of years
2. Soften the impact of the suspension on the trailer. I have 17.5" wheels and tires and I'm sure the rigidity of these is affecting the rest of the trailer
3. Raise the ride height 1.5"-2".
4. Increase overall ride of the trailer.

Does anyone have this system and have some input?
michaelrc51 is offline   Reply With Quote