Thread: Camping World
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 04:34 PM   #9
Bandit12

Having heard several horror stories about CW, I'd like to add my 2 cents. We were on vacation this past summer, near Rapid City SD. Wife wanted a screen house since the bees were horrible especially when trying to eat supper outside. We went to the CE near Rapid and honestly, I was not impressed. We wandered around the showroom for several minutes trying to locate what we wanted. Finally found a display that had similar products but not what we were looking for. A further 10 minutes of trying to get anyones attention, I finally got the attention of the receptionist who acted as if they could care less we were even in their establishment. We went to Target and found a suitable unit we could live with on that trip. Fast forward 10 days. We were on our way home and staying at the Famcamp on Hill AFB near Ogden UT. The campground water pressure was so high, the dinky little pressure regulator I had tripped as soon as I turn on the water. Since we were staying there for 3 nights with full hookups, I suggested to my wife we go see if we could find an adjustable regulator. I found a RV dealer and we drove there and asked for one. No they didn't have one. We got back in the truck and start googling RV dealers. Called 2 before I gave in and called CW in Kaysville UT. THey had one in stock and we drove over. Wife and I had been talking about upgrading our trailer in a year or so to another Jayco. We had a hybrid and while we liked it, we did have a couple concerns and there was 1 or 2 comfort issues. While we were there I mentioned to my wife that this was a Jayco dealer, lets see if they have the model we're interested in so we could take a look at it. They did not have the model we wanted but they did have a 2021 Cougar 27SABWE with a similar floorplan. After looking at 3 different rigs, we talked ourselves into the Cougar. Dealer was awesome. He made me an offer sight unseen on my hybrid, and it was a bit more than what I knew the book value was. Once we agreed on a price, we told him we wanted a quick connection for propane under the trailer (for which they installed at no charge) and a Fantastic Fan installed in the bathroom, and we need it delivered in 24 hours. No problem. Here's a roll of blue masking tape, walk thru the trailer and if you see anything that needs attention, put a piece of tape on it and we'll get it taken care of. We showed up at 3PM next day, they had a crew out moving my hitch from my hybrid to the Cougar, finished the PDI, and oh BTW, I decided I want the backup camera for this unit. No problem, we'll get it installed. We walked thru and there were only 2 things that had not been repaired. One was the front bedroom door was out of adjustment, you could see daylight at the top of the door when it was fully closed. The other was the oven door handle was dented. They told me did not have one in stock but not to worry, they had already ordered one and would ship it to me. We then started moving our things from the old trailer to the new one. The sales rep even helped move a few things. 3 hours later, we were hitched up and on our way back to the campground at Hill. We worked till about 9 that night getting things stowed and ready for our trip home the next morning. 6 AM the next morning, I'm hitching up a brand new trailer, one I had not hitched up by myself before (the dealer did at delivery) in the dark and in 30 minutes, we were pulling out on the road for a 600 mile drive home. Within 2 weeks, I received a large box from CW in Kaysville. I expected to get just the oven door handle. No, they sent me the entire door. Took me a bit to figure it out, but I got the door swapped. They said they wanted the damaged door returned but there was no return shipping label. I called them and they emailed me a label and I sent it off. I have no complaints and nothing but praise for Camping World of Kaysville UT and our sales rep Rob Mahas.
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote