View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 07:41 PM   #3
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundrwd View Post
I've got a spot - about 4-5" x 4" or so right in the middle of the entry door, immediately behind the metal threshold that is spongy.

This is the spot were most people would normally put their foot when entering the trailer. I haven't been able to get under it yet - I'll have to remove the step box to look under it to see what's going on, but I suspect it isn't properly supported under the step box, and since it's right on the edge of the flooring, has "given way".

Anyone else run into this - and what was your fix?

I've been thinking of taking out the step box, then laminating another piece of plywood under that entire area with some structural epoxy. I don't think there's enough room between the step box and the flooring to allow much more than a 3/8" or 1/2" thick piece of plywood - but not sure.

Tim, A lot of questions are answered on point with some context. Put your camper year, make and model in your signature as well as the same for your tow vehicle and I am sure responses will be more valuable. The UserCP is located top/left in black band on every page. Click and build a signature.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote