View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 04:01 PM   #8
ChuckS

I’m amazed that any reputable RV tech repairman would suggest jamming a pole up against the ceiling of that slide out to get the exterior roof to make contact with wiper seal

I’d take a piece of thin nylon cord and go across the top of that slide out roof and pull the string taught. Look across bottom of string and see if there is a large dip in the roof to string...

A straight edge would also work but it would take a long one...

I’d also crawl up on the roof and work your fingers under that wiper seal and go end to end on the wiper seal checking it condition and how it lays against the roof membrane

The seal is long enough that you’d have to have a huge dip in the roof for that wiper seal to not make good contact against roof material.

If the seal is pliable and laying snug against the membrane from end to end then seal is doing its job...

Also your unit is a 2014... as is mine... if the slideout has been left open for long periods that wiper seal on the roof is most likely got some issues...

So YES... if the wiper seal is deformed and not laying tight against the roof membrane then a new seal would fix your problem

Another thing to check is how is the RV leveled. If one side is leaning a bit the water will have a chance to run inward toward that seal and puddle ...

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote