View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 12:51 PM   #72
flybouy
Site Team

I think there are 2 major factors. First, they/we are dealing with largely an "unknown". The longer it goes on and the more people get infect the larger the "data set". This makes predictions and directions to turn more accurate. Unfortunately with the date being unreliable from countries that are inherently dishonest was a missed opportunity to get "in front of it".

The second major factor is the "fear factor". Of course the government is going to restrict the information the public receives because they fear (I think rightfully so) that we the public can't handle it. IF, and this is a big IF, let's say this is the way it's going to be for an extended time can you imagine the panic?

A quick look at history can give some insight. 1938 War of the Worlds radio broadcast. Panic ensued and people died. Fast forward to 1941 California and a few Japanese balloons created panic and mayhem in LA. Can you imagine the stampede out of the cities if they said this would be "the next black plaque"? I have no evidence nor proof but what I would expect from any government is exactly what we are seeing, reassurance, calm, hope.

Personally I have faith in God and humanity as a whole. As individuals, most of us are at the government's mercy for help in keeping the food supply going, the water and utilities going, and the medical community strong. The economy will eventually come back but we may experience a "reset" of personal wealth. We will pay the burden of this, we (the average tax paying citizen) always do. The good news, IMHO, is that this happened when the country was well above the rest of the world economy. It's better to loose 30%, 50%, or whatever of a larger number as apposed to a small number, you still end up with more.

I have faith that this country will come out of this hopefully with lessons learned. The entire world is being effected so we (as in the world) are on a level playing field. Seeing and reading the stories of people rallying together to sew masks and gowns, shop for the elderly, etc. There will always be jerks, selfish, and evil people that rise up during these times but I believe the trying times makes them easier to spot. So hang in there, change what you can change and let go of the rest. It'll all work out.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote