View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 10:47 AM   #17
LewisB

This is an old thread, but still a current problem. We thought our 2018 trailer had the new "omni-chill" system - turns out it didn't. So we were faced with the issue of only being able to run 2 of the 3 AC units at any given time. Additionally, it would always run the main cabin + either the garage or bedroom. So when the garage is being used as a bedroom, someone is not getting AC!!!

Thanks to guidance from Racebug and others on this forum, we found an easy fix. Our trailer includes the same Precision Circuits Power Saver Switch referenced by Racebug in his post. In a 2018 Raptor 353TS, this switch was behind the fireplace just below the WFCO power center. The switch is a "dumb" switch - that is it requires NO external controls. If it senses current in the "primary" circuit (in our case the bedroom AC), it will not allow current in the "secondary" circuit (in our case the garage AC). If current is 0 in the primary, then the secondary can get line power. I've included the documentation and wiring diagram for this switch in this post.

Simple fix (for us): Lift off the faceplate of the fireplace and remove 4 screws for fireplace; set fireplace to the side and remove 2 screws for power saver switch cover. I removed the "secondary" wires from this switch and routed the wires into the WFCO power center just above it. I didn't have to cut or lengthen any wires. I hooked the garage AC wire up to share the 20A circuit for the washer/dryer area in the garage. We don't plan to ever install a washer; but if we do, it would mean that we would need to shut off the AC in the garage before we started the washer.

No other modifications were necessary. All 3 AC units now run including running them with the 5500 watt generator - my guess is that you couldn't run much else on the generator when you do this. You might want to shut off the breaker for the converter to delay any battery charging - in our case, the solar system keeps the batteries topped off so there is little demand on the converter. Make sure the fridge is on propane to minimize demand to only that necessary for the DC controls.

Wow - we ran 3 units for about an hour in Tucson when it was nearly 100 degrees and we could immediately tell how much better the AC system performed. This is the best modification I could ever make to an already great trailer.

00-10031-000-Power-Share-Switch-RevA.pdf
Trouble-Shooting-PSS.pdf

Hope this might help someone else - it's worth it IMO.
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote